Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Back like i never left



Where to begin.....
Its been awhile and not until today did i miss the urge to return to this my safe place, my haven. While away i lost myself on a journey to find my true authentic self. Whatever the latter means, the quest continues.Funny that i was the most confident, sharp tongued loud mouthed 30 year old going on 22. So full of life and optimism. Its been a journey, a myriad of experiences many bitter sweet. The naive child at heart i was quickly got the rug pulled from under her feet to land onto the bumpy road that is adulthood. Many i wouldn't take back, others i would. Sometimes the person staring back at me in the mirror is someone i knew years ago.

It hasn't been all bad. Along the way i learnt what true friendship is, often coming with bouts of tears, anger and rage but on most days laughter and endless conversations that kept me going.

True to the cliche, i have loved and lost, lived and parts of me have died but i rise everyday to face the world that is. As i type remind me to forget Kygo and Miguel is blaring through my ears.Every lyric of it resonates with me. I am here and i am back.

I will be seeing you soon.

No comments:

I am the art.....not the artist

I have been told in the past that i have an inflated sense of self worth ( i still don't see how that is a bad thing) but little do the...