Thursday, August 14, 2008

Of a cold and a forgotten phone

Anyone that knows me knows that me without my phone is as close as i get to a disaster. M constantly a victim of the itchy fingers syndrome and anyone that feels wat m sayin shud not feel shy, sign up and subscribe.

Jus wen i thought my week cudn't probably get any worse, owing to a series of phone calls from an anonymous psycho who flattered herself into thinking she's known to me, an havin no choice but to be awakened by a conversation in which i was the topic of interest, then comes this cold!

Back to this psycho chic, can people learn the difference between knowing someone and Knowing 'of' someone. With all the balls she'd gathered that day and probably borrowed a few others, the daughter of a woman calls my phone and asks who i am...... short of hurling insults because it wasn't the best of days i had to calmly inquire whose number she'd dialled if she didn't know who she was talkin to......with all the airs and uncalled for arrogance she insisted i knew who she was......true i know of her but can this woman calm down....i didn't know her!

Anyway this meaningless conversations ended as quickly as it had started.

That was Sunday, Monday was wen this pair decided to carry their conversation right outside my window oblivious of the fact that i was still napping contrary to their expectation.Burndened by fury and disappointment i tried to go back to sleep but all efforts were futile.....wen i finally regained my composure i calmly requested that the next time they choose to dissect my life, relationship, financial status or lack of they shud do't with abit of discretion.

My reaction to all this other than the one tear i can embarassingly confess havin shed, i decided to phase these two parties out. It brought back a line i once heard from 'Brothers and 'sisters' wen Senator Mc Calister turned in fury and said to campaign agent....'Don't mistake my kindness for weakness....'

That there rung thru my head . Many a times we are taken for granted and we decide to put up with it i wonder why? Anyway now that m over it m back to dealing with this cold that has tied me down like i owe't alimony or somethin........ more to that m terribly missin the affair i have been havin wit my mobile phone on a daily ....m even hallucinating and hearing the sound of my ringtone in a far distance hehehe the irony surrounding the fact that my ringtone's 'FAR AWAY ' by Nickleback

3 comments:

leos child said...

you can gurantee that we shall be going to beat up those gossiping twits (gathers her mucholi ammunition and waits for orders to fire)!

leos child said...

i keep forgetting sokies!!!!!!!!
are you missing the phone or the phoney.no need to answer!

cloudy rays said...

sokies???...i wont even ask

I am the art.....not the artist

I have been told in the past that i have an inflated sense of self worth ( i still don't see how that is a bad thing) but little do the...